These are sometimes difficult questions for existing site owners. Do you go to the expense of a site redesign from scratch or do you look at a revamp and tidy up of the existing site?
There are of course many factors contributing to this issue and ultimately only you can decide. Perhaps what is needed is a review and test of your site by Steve Gibbon Web Designs where I will formally report on what I have found and offer you some options on the way forward, based on solid facts.
I will offer a fixed price review and report on your existing site in sensible timescales to help you in this process - please contact me for more details.
Some of the issues I will consider (in no specific order) are:
- Use of CSS vs an aphazard mix of style and content;
- Standards compliance - cross browser support and 'future proofing';
- Suitability for today's plethora of different devices.
- Maintainability of the site;
- Readability of the site;
- Use of imagery and other approaches such as 'Flash';
- The overall visual impact (or lack of) on a site - its general design;
- How 'bulletproof' the existing design is?
- Navigation and clarity of where (as a user) you are;
- Are the key objectives for the site conveyed to the user?
- Search Engine visibility - approriate keyword usage of your site;
- Speed to load;
- Review the use of a need for scripted code - especially as work arounds or 'hacks'.
If you simply wish me to quote for a new design, structure and content then please don't hesitate to contact me.