I can design a site with you from a blank page or perhaps your existing site needs a revamp or review - is it slow to load, does it feel in need of a mid-life refresh, perhaps you want a 'mobile' version as your current site is not mobile friendly. Do you want the ability to maintain it yourself?
These are sometimes difficult questions for existing site owners. Do you go to the expense of a site redesign from scratch or do you look at a revamp and tidy up of the existing site?
There are of course many factors contributing to this issue and ultimately only you can decide. Perhaps what is needed is a review and test of your site by Steve Gibbon Web Designs where I will formally report on what I have found and offer you some options on the way forward, based on solid facts.
I will offer a fixed price review and report on your existing site in sensible timescales to help you in this process - please contact me for more details.
Some of the issues I will consider (in no specific order) are:
- Use of CSS vs an aphazard mix of style and content;
- Standards compliance - cross browser support and 'future proofing';
- Whether the site is responsive i.e. Suitability for today's plethora of different devices.
- Maintainability of the site;
- Readability of the site;
- Use of imagery;
- The overall visual impact (or lack of) on a site - its general design;
- How 'bulletproof' the existing design is?
- Navigation and clarity of where (as a user) you are on the site;
- Are the key objectives for the site conveyed to the user - who are your audiences?
- Search Engine visibility - approriate keyword usage of your site;
- Speed to load;
- Review the use of a need for scripted code - especially as work arounds or 'hacks'.
If you simply wish me to quote for a new design, structure and content then please don't hesitate to contact me.