Please note that some of these facilities are not available on a phone or tablet presentation where alternative native facilities may be available. In addition images will not be re-rendered in an alternative visual style but we have tried to ensure all images have an alternative description. Any third party supplied or embedded content may not provide any capability for an alternative display of font contrast or size.
(Accesible at the top right of the page) When you choose a new design theme (Default Theme or Contrast Theme) by clicking on the image at the top right of the screen (either or ), a cookie with the name of the theme is stored on your web browser so that the next time you visit, the site is presented with the same visual appearance.
You can also change the font size by using the "Bigger Reset Smaller" links at the top right of the screen. These will also be remembered via a cookie between sessions and pages so you will come back to the site with the previous settings.
Most browsers support site-defined keyboard access for specified links.
- On many Windows browsers, you can press ALT + an access key followed by RETURN, or ALT+SHIFT + an access key followed by RETURN;
- On many Mac browsers, you can press CTRL + an access key or CTRL + ALT + an access key depending on the browser version.
- A full list of browser key access controls for various browsers can be found here.
These are the access keys for this site:
M - Main navigation
1 - Home page
2 - Not used
3 - Site map
4 - Search
5 - Not used
6 - Not used
7 - Not used
9 - Feedback form / contact us
0 - Access key details
The following ARIA landmark roles are used on this website:
- Banner: The page header. A region that contains mostly site-oriented content, rather than page-specific content;
- Complementary: the right Sidebar if present. A supporting section of the document, designed to be complementary to the main content, but remains meaningful when separated from the main content;
- ContentInfo: The page footer. A large perceivable region that contains information about the parent document. In this case the region is the page footer;
- Main: The main content of a document;
- Navigation: A collection of navigational elements ( links) for navigating the document or related documents.
Tab / Tabindex
There is limited use of tab keys for field ordering on this site and use depends on your browser.
No CSS Stylesheet?
The site will still present without CSS styling enabled and there are jump links to aid navigation. The jump links also appear in the accessibility bar if CSS is enabled.
Images and Slideshows
Single images have alt captions wherever possible to aid with accessibility. Slideshows may not have this functionality but a general description for the slideshow will be provided by a link or title.
Links and iframes
Each link and iframe should each have a title to aid their accessibility.